Update License & Insurance
Every contractor working in the City of Miami Beach must provide valid and current copies of licenses and insurances to the Building Department before a permit is issued.
State Certified and Registered Contractors licensing requirements:
- Copy of State Certification with an Occupational License for place of business; or
- Copy of Certificate Competency or State Registration with a municipal contractors occupational license; and
- Certificate of Liability Insurance made out to:
Certificate of Liability Insurance made out to:
City of Miami Beach
1700 Convention Center Dr, 2nd FL
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
- Liability with no less than $300,000 per accident or occurrence for bodily injury and $50,000 per accident for property damage;
- Workman’s Compensation or State Exemption;
- Must show the following information:
- Name of insured;
- Type of policy issued;
- Policy number;
- Effective date;
- Expiration date;
- Type of insurance.
The Building Department has an electronic profile for each contractor showing his or her address, phone number, certificate of competency number or the state certification/registration number, name of qualifier and the expiration date of the occupational or the municipal contractor occupational license, Workman’s Compensation and Liability Insurance.
Please fax your license and insurance information to 305-673-7857 or email your information to:
Judith Gonzalez-Pantigoso JudithGonzalez-Pantigoso@miamibeachfl.gov or
Chenetria Farley ChenetriaFarley@miamibeachfl.gov