BEACH ACCESS (for persons with disabilities)
The City of Miami Beach offers special Surf Chairs to assist those who are mobility impaired to enjoy our beautiful beaches (FREE). Please follow these recommendations:
• Chairs are available first-come, first-served from 9 am - 6 pm. We recommend you call ahead at (305) 673-7714.
• Surf Chair locations are: 1001 Ocean Drive & 7251 Collins Avenue
• Surf Chairs are not self-propelled, so bring a friend to assist you.
• Chairs must be returned by 6 pm, so please keep track of time.
• Surf Chair usage is free, but you need to leave something of value (ex. your wheelchair, driver's license, etc.) to insure that the chair will be returned.
• The Surf Chair can go into water no more than 6" deep. The wheels are buoyant, so stay near the shoreline.
• The City of Miami Beach also has two motorized beach wheel chairs available for use.
• Motorized beach wheelchairs are available at: 10th Street and Ocean Drive & South Pointe Park
• Wheelchair access to the beach (sand only) is via dune crossovers at South Pointe Park, 5th, 46th, 64th and 72nd Streets.