Resources For Local Bussinesses and Non-Profits
Dose of Good News
30 Days to Slow the Spread
President Trump announced updated guidelines this week to continue slowing the spread of Coronavirus in America. This 30-day window will be crucial: If every American does his or her part, the latest model suggests we could save 1 million or more U.S. lives. Please click here for more information: 30 Days to Slow the Spread (Español)
Miami New Times: “Man Tips $750 on a $60 Order at David's Cafe in Miami Beach” notes “As the coronavirus has swept around the globe, it has utterly altered how people interact with one another, introducing humanity to the concept of social distancing. But one unexpected side effect of the pandemic is that even with six feet between them, people are coming together.”
White House COVID-19 Updates
- Memorandum on Order Under the Defense Production Act Regarding the Purchase of Ventilators (HERE)
- Statement from the President Regarding the Defense Production Act (HERE)
- Memorandum on Order Under the Defense Production Act Regarding 3M Company (HERE)
- Memorandum on Providing Federal Support for Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 (HERE)
- President Trump Approves Disaster Declaration for Tennessee and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- 1600 Daily – These 30 Days: How You Can Help (HERE)
How to Help
If you or your organization are interested in helping the effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, FEMA has established a website (www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help) with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found in the solicitation (Notice ID 70FA2020R00000011).
- This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response – email email@example.com.
- If you are a hospital or healthcare provider in need of medical supplies, please contact your state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
- If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID- 19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, please submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
For additional information please visit FEMA’s website: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/.
TAKE-OUT AND DELIVERIES
Miami Eats Program
Miami Eats by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) announced a program to help restaurants inform patrons of their takeout and delivery offerings, and ultimately, stimulate business for locals’ beloved restaurants and most importantly – their owners, chefs and employees. For the full list of participants, please visit GMCVB, which will be updated daily. Share your Miami Eats experience with the GMCVB on social media by using the hashtags, #MiamiEats and #OrderOutHelpOut.
RECOVERY RESOURCES FOR NON-PROFITS
- The Miami Foundation Community Recovery Fund is focusing on recovery for non-profits, specifically: support for organizations that lost crucial revenue from cancelled or low-turnout events and performances and working capital for organizations at risk of being displaced and unable to serve their constituents.
- United Way of Miami-Dade, in partnership with The Miami Foundation, Miami Herald/El Nuevo Herald, Health Foundation of South Florida and others, has launched the Miami Pandemic Response Fund
Feeding South Florida launches a COVID-19 Response Fund
Center for Disaster Philanthropy launches fund to support nonprofits working with
The One Fair Wage's emergency fund supports restaurant workers, tipped servers and delivery drivers.
Americans for the Arts COVID-19 resources and responses for artists and arts organizations. This effort is also closely coordinated with the National Endowment of the Arts.
The State of Florida Department of Revenue has a special email address to answer questions for small business taxpayers and encourage taxpayers to work with the Department of Revenue if they have financial difficulties with meeting taxpayer deadlines. That email address is: COVID19TAXHELP@FloridaRevenue.com