SUPPORT OUR LOCALS
Time Out: “South Beach Wine & Food Festival is launching a series of virtual mixology classes” notes “By this stage of lockdown—or whatever’s left of it—you’ve likely taken every Zoom and Instagram live class under the sun. But there’s one more you should add to your list. This Friday, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival launches a 20-part virtual mixology class, Sip with #SOBEWFF, hosted by Havana Club ambassador Gio Gutierrez, featuring a lineup of star bartenders from Miami’s best bars.”
Miami Herald: “Bahamian restaurant opens first U.S. location at Miami Beach food hall” notes “Lincoln Eatery has a new restaurant, and it’s bringing a bit of the Bahamas to Miami Beach. Created by owner and executive chef Laron Culmer, C Food Shack specializes in Caribbean seafood.”
Narcity: “You Can Chill Poolside At The Iconic Versace Mansion In Miami This Summer" notes “After being forced to close due to stay-at-home orders, this famous South Florida hotel is back open. You can book a weekend escape at the Versace Mansion in Miami Beach for when you want to feel luxurious. It's genuinely one of the grandest spots along the beach.”
Hotel Designs: “CASE STUDY: Carpeting 1 Hotel South Beach Miami" notes “Hotel Designs goes behind the scenes to understand Barry Sternlicht and his team’s unique design ethos for 1 Hotel South Beach Miami, and why Ulster Carpets had the ultimate solution when it came to the commercial carpet design.”
ARTS AND CULTURE
CBS Miami: “‘I Remember Miami,’ Crowd-Sourced Art Project About Living In The Time Of COVID-19” notes “A crowd-sourced art exhibit examining the COVID-19 experience is underway and you have a chance to get in on it. The Museum of Art and Design at Miami Dade College, in collaboration with the Miami Book Fair, is gathering material for “I Remember Miami,” a participatory work by the Spanish artist Dora García.”
How to Help
If you or your organization are interested in helping the effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, FEMA has established a website (www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help) with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation Full details can be found in the solicitation (Notice ID 70FA2020R00000011).
- This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
For additional information please visit FEMA's website: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/
TAKE-OUT AND DELIVERIES
Support your local community by ordering delivery/takeout or virtually visiting your favorite Miami Beach cultural institution!
We recommend calling your business of choice directly for takeout or delivery instead of using third party apps to help save on fees imposed by delivery services.
To view the list please click here This list is changing constantly. If you do not see your favorite Lincoln Road District restaurant here, please call them directly to see how they can best serve you.
Miami Eats Program
Miami Eats by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) announced a program to help restaurants inform patrons of their takeout and delivery offerings, and ultimately, stimulate business for locals’ beloved restaurants and most importantly – their owners, chefs and employees. For the full list of participants, please visit GMCVB, which will be updated daily. Share your Miami Eats experience with the GMCVB on social media by using the hashtags, #MiamiEats and #OrderOutHelpOut.
RECOVERY RESOURCES FOR NON-PROFITS
- The Miami Foundation Community Recovery Fund is focusing on recovery for non-profits, specifically: support for organizations that lost crucial revenue from cancelled or low-turnout events and performances and working capital for organizations at risk of being displaced and unable to serve their constituents.
- United Way of Miami-Dade, in partnership with The Miami Foundation, Miami Herald/El Nuevo Herald, Health Foundation of South Florida and others, has launched the Miami Pandemic Response Fund
Feeding South Florida launches a COVID-19 Response Fund
Center for Disaster Philanthropy launches fund to support nonprofits working with
The One Fair Wage's emergency fund supports restaurant workers, tipped servers and delivery drivers.
Americans for the Arts COVID-19 resources and responses for artists and arts organizations. This effort is also closely coordinated with the National Endowment of the Arts.