Unemployment Benefits – Information and Instructions
- Reemployment Assistance Service Center – Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits (now referred to as “Reemployment Assistance” by the DEO).
- Before filing your claim, we recommend you visit the DEO’s Reemployment Assistance Service Center for instructions, a video tutorial, and FAQs about the claim process.
- New Applicants: Floridians who have not yet submitted an application for reemployment assistance and do not currently have a registered account with the Department of Economic Opportunity may register via the revised online application, please click here
U.S. Department of Labor Announces New Guidance on Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities during COVID-19 Outbreak
The U.S. Department of Labor today announced new guidance outlining flexibilities that states have in administering their unemployment insurance (UI) programs to assist Americans affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
CARES Act Provides Relief for Individuals and Businesses
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, or stimulus package, was signed into law on March 27, 2020. It offers help in many forms for individuals and businesses affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Restaurant workers, gig workers and other hourly workers are facing unprecedented economic hardship from the coronavirus crisis. Here is a resource that will providing cash assistance to restaurant workers.
Housing, Shelter & Utility Assistance
Coping with the existence of COVID-19 and how it has changed our daily lives is difficult enough. That’s why the City, County, State and federal government are all working to help provide relief for homeowners, renters and those experiencing homelessness.
Homeowners: Contact your mortgage servicer to determine whether or not your loan is backed by the Federal Government and to understand additional eligibility requirements. See the resources below for more information.
Renters: If you can demonstrate a substantial loss in income due to the COVID-19 pandemic you can defer your rent payments. Rent payments are not being forgiven, you will still be obligated to repay missed payments.
Federal and Private Mortgage Relief Information & FAQ.
Federal Student Aid forbearance information for students and borrowers Federal Student Aid is looking to provide relief to student loan borrowers during the COVID-19 national emergency, federal student loan borrowers are automatically being placed in an administrative forbearance. For more information click here