- Reemployment Assistance Service Center – Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits (now referred to as “Reemployment Assistance” by the DEO).
- Before filing your claim, we recommend you visit the DEO’s Reemployment Assistance Service Center for instructions, a video tutorial, and FAQs about the claim process.
- New Applicants: Floridians who have not yet submitted an application for reemployment assistance and do not currently have a registered account with the Department of Economic Opportunity may register via the revised online application, please click here
Unemployment Benefits – Application Assistance by Phone
- “Safer at Home” Option:
To help comply with the “Stay at Home” Emergency Order, the City of Miami Beach will mail unemployment applications along with a prepaid return envelope directly to your home. Simply send your request to ResourceCenter@miamibeachfl.gov. Please allow a few days for the application to arrive.
- Pick Up Option:
Should you wish to file a claim faster, you have several pick up options: Unemployment applications are available for pick up at 26 Miami-Dade Public Libraries. Both the Miami Beach Regional Library and North Shore Library will have unemployment applications available. Once completed, applications can be dropped off back at the library book drop off where they will be sent overnight to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
- Print Option:
*Please note that paper applications could potentially take longer to process than completing an online application.
- This guide has resources for how to find work online, a list of remote jobs (updated every minute) and other useful information to help American workers find a way to bring in much needed income.
- Employ Miami-Dade by CareerSource South Florida
- Online resource for job listings, education and training opportunities, and career building assistance. Requires online registration.
- COVID-19 Employee Portal by the FRLA
- Temporary and Seasonal jobs available among Florida’s hospitality industry.
- During these uncertain times the USBG Foundation strives to be a resource for our bar industry community. Please find all of the COVID-19 Relief efforts.
- Restaurant workers, gig workers and other hourly workers are facing unprecedented economic hardship from the coronavirus crisis. Here is a resource that will providing cash assistance to restaurant workers.
- USBG National Charity Foundation – COVID-19 Relief
- If you are a bartender, bar back, bar server, or are otherwise engaged in the service or preparation of alcoholic beverages, you are eligible. No membership required, online application.
Federal Student Aid forbearance information for students and borrowers Federal Student Aid is looking to provide relief to student loan borrowers during the COVID-19 national emergency, federal student loan borrowers are automatically being placed in an administrative forbearance. For more information click here
Miami Pandemic Assistance Program was created by generous donors to help families that may not be eligible for other assistance but are struggling with emergency needs, such as food, rent/mortgage assistance, etc. For more information please click here.
Archdiocese of Miami In response to the growing COVID-19 pandemic and its increasing threat to older Americans, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami has shifted to a mobile meal delivery program for some 700 elderly clitents in South Florida. For more information please click here.
Feeding South Florida provides direct-service programs to individuals in need of assistance. This includes benefits application assistance, access to our choice pantry, referrals for longer term food assistance at a partner agency and home delivery for qualified individuals. For more information click here.
Baptist Health of South of Florida is now offering Care On Demand which allows you to see a physician from any mobile device or PC - any time, 24/7. For more information please click here.
Bankrate is offering help to borrowers with a mortgage. For more information please click here.
United States Citizenship Immigration Services
- To follow up to date information regarding the United States Citizenship Immigration Services response to the COVID-19 pandemic please click here.
United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is working closely with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and other federal, state, and local agencies to facilitate a speedy, whole-of-government response in confronting Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). For more information please click here.