FOG DISCHARGE CONTROL PERMIT
To comply with Miami-Dade County ordinance regarding the FOG discharge Control Operation Permit, the Building Department has a process for review, approval, and inspections. This process is delineated in the FOG Discharge Control’s SOP. Please click here to download it.
- FATS, OILS, & GREASE (FOG)
Did you know?
- All food service establishments (e.g. restaurants, cafeterias, bakeries, coffee shops, juice bars, etc.) MUST have a current Grease Discharge Operating Permit (GDO) issued by Department of Environmental Resource Management (DERM).
- All facilities with GDO’s MUST have a Grease Trap.
- All Grease Traps MUST be maintained and kept in good working order.
- All Grease Traps MUST be cleaned at the frequency shown on the GDO permit.
For additional information about the FOG permitting process in the City of Miami Beach, please call 305.673.7610.
- Building Department FOG Discharge Control SOP
- Environmental Division of the City of Miami Beach:
- GDO Application:
- Plans Submittal’s Checklist:
- Fee Schedules:
- DERM (see page 30) : http://www.miamidade.gov/permits/library/fees/schedule-environmental.pdf
- MIAMI-DADE: http://www.miamidade.gov/permits/library/fees/scheduleenvironmental.pdf
- CMB: http://www.miamibeachfl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/New-Fee-Guide-Updated-7-24-2019.pdf
- Additional information regarding Fats, Oil, and Grease (FOG) Discharge Control Operating Permit: