Simplified Permit Info
The Building Department has simplified several procedures to allow for more self-help capabilities, make the process more predictable, and enhance our customers’ experience and satisfaction.
The list below includes the latest actions taken to simplify the Building Permitting processes. It will continue to expand as new initiatives are implemented. (If there is a topic of interest not listed, it may be found by clicking on the magnifying glass () and by searching for a keyword.)
- Concurrent e-plans review
- DERM/WASD Electronic Plans Review
- Drop-Off and Walk-Through services
- Explanation of the permitting process
- Interactive Permit Guide
- List of permits to be processed as Walk-Through
- List of Work exempt from permits
- New Permit Type for Interior, non-structural alterations for Condominium units
- Online Access to permit applications, permit status, inspections’ requests, inspections’ routes, payments, and more.
- Online Application for portable toilets permits for Residential and Commercial properties
- Standard Checklist for Permits with Code Requirements and Exemptions (R-3 Occupancy)
- Standard Permitting Checklist
To assist with common issues, the following drawing details and information are provided: