Simplified Permit Info
To streamline the Permitting processes, the Building Department has simplified several procedures to enhance the customers’ experience and satisfaction.
The list below includes the latest actions taken to simplify the Building Permitting processes. It will continue to expand as new initiatives are implemented. (If there is a topic of interest not listed, it may be found by clicking on the magnifying glass () and search for a keyword.)
- Expedited/Overtime Inspections & Request Form
- New Permit Type for Interior, non-structural alterations for Condominium units
- Permit Counter Processes
- Permit Information, Code Requirements, and Exemptions (R-3 Occupancy)
- Reprieve program extension
- Walk-Through Reviews/Permits
- Work exempt from permits (All Occupancies)
- The BTR Process does not require the Building Department’s review. BTRs’ submittals only require the Planning and Finance Departments’ reviews and approvals. For more information, please call the Finance Department at 305.673.7420.
To assist with common issues, the following drawing details and information are provided:
- Chain Link Fence Details
- Documents Required to be Signed and Sealed by a Design Professional
- Wood Fence Details