La Gorce And Lakeview
The City of Miami Beach Public Works Department will contract up to three firms to design plans and construct a Right of Way Infrastructure Improvement Project for the La Gorce and Lakeview neighborhoods. This project is currently in the procurement phase to select the design-build firm(s).
- Northern limit: La Gorce Island
- Eastern limit: La Gorce Country Club
- Southern limit: Surprise Lake
- Western limit: Biscayne Bay
The project is expected to be broken into three smaller areas where up to three different main contractors may be working:
- La Gorce Island entrance to 59 Street, including 62 Street
- 59 Street to 51 Street
- 51 Street to Surprise Lake
Scope of Work:
- Installing new stormwater drainage system
- New pump stations currently identified at:
- Fisher Park
- 56 Street, street end
- South side of 63 Street bridge
- Replacing water mains and service connections
- Sanitary sewer work including three lift stations (56 Street, street end; 51 Street and Alton Road; and 63 Street and Alton Road) and relocating service connections to front of properties (not homes on Alton Road).
- Elevating roadway
- Constructing new curb, gutter and sidewalk at new elevation
- Harmonizing the roadway to existing driveways
- Placing new signage and pavement markings
- Installing new street lighitng
- Adding a dedicated bicycle lane on 51 Street
City of Miami Beach Acting Engineer
Luis Soto, P.E.
City of Miami Beach Senior Capital Project Coordinator
Mina Samadi, P.E.
Heather M. Leslie, HML Public Outreach