Pandemic and Infectious Diseases
Because Miami Beach is an international destination, our city and local health officials have incorporated preparation and response activity for health threats such as disease outbreak.
- The best way to prepare for this and for any other public emergency is to have a plan as you would for any threat. A plan, a kit and strategy for obtaining information will help public safety and health professionals to best help you.
- Practice good health habits, including eating a balanced diet, exercising daily and getting sufficient rest. Take these common-sense steps to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues.
- Stay away from others as much as possible if you are sick.