Prepare Your Medicine Cabinet
Make sure you have the essentials.
It is recommended that you have one month-supply of your required prescriptions on hand. In addition to that, be prepared with a well-stocked medicine cabinet. The basics include:
- Adhesive strip bandages
- Cough drops or cough syrup
- Fever reducer / anti-inflammatory (Check with your doctor for what is best for you, and use with caution)
- Face coverings (keep a few in your medicine cabinet, go kit and car)
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes
- Latex gloves
- Pulse oximeter (measures the level of oxygen in red blood cells)
- Calamine lotion
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Isopropyl alcohol (at least 70%)
- First aid ointment
*Check your inventory every year. Get rid of medications that have expired. DON’T dispose of expired medicine by flushing down the toilet. Dispose of unused medicine properly. The FDA provides guidance.