OFFICE OF COMMUNITY SERVICES
Resident and Elderly Resource Center
The Office of Community Services’ Resident and Elderly Resource Center is a referral agency providing resource information to residents who live, work, and play in our community. Through an array of grant-funded programs and collaboration with community partners, we can offer quality, best-practice services to Miami Beach residents, including the elderly and youth and their families at various levels.
Our mission: “We are dedicated to being responsive to the needs of our youth, elders, and families by providing the highest quality of service and ensuring customer satisfaction with every interaction.”
Our referral process connects residents with a variety of community-based services including:
- Housing Assistance (limited)
- Benefits Enrollment – Entitlement Access (DCF, LIHEAP, Unemployment, Safelink)- No appointment necessary.
- Rent Assistance (as funds allow) – By appointment only
- Utility Assistance (as funds allow) – By appointment only
- Food (including delivered groceries, as funds allow)
- FREE Monthly Food Distributions (Food Distribution Flyer)
- 3rd Thursday of every month at 4000 Chase Avenue (Parking lot behind the WelsFargo)
- FREE Legal Assistance for Tenant Housing Defense (English Flyer, Spanish Flyer)
- FREE Tax Preparation (During Tax Season, Please call us at 305-673-7491 for information)
- State Attorney’s Office Liaison – Providing assistance with:
- Child Support
- Seal and Expunge
- Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking
Our Offices Have Moved!
Our NEW OFFICE is located at:
765 17th Street (Next to Message Envy)
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Virtual Activities for Seniors
AARP Virtual Events: https://local.aarp.org/south-miami-fl/aarp-events/
For more information:
Phone: 305-673-7491 – Se habla español
Our Offices are open Monday to Friday, excluding holidays 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – (Closed for Lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
If you are a local human services agency, we would LOVE to partner with you!
Reach out to us at your earliest convenience.