Goal: To be a key component of a broad, citywide initiative dedicated to improving customer service in the City of Miami Beach.
- To help assess how well the City is serving its customers by evaluating service delivery and compliance with City’s customer service standards at interface points.
- Use program results as a tool for improving customer service to a level that meets the public’s needs and expectations.
- Heighten customer service awareness and provide training to employees serving as shoppers.
|Service Shopper Citywide Score||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|
|% of departments scoring less than 3.0||1%||1%||1%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|*Index is for general questions; index is tailored to score specific customer service standards between 1 (not satisfied) and 5 (extremely satisfied)|
Summary of Customer Service Standards
- Telephones are answered within the third ring.
- Phone messages received will be responded to in a timely manner.
- Calls coming from external sources will be answered with a consistent greeting.
- Employee will take responsibility for providing a solution and/or options to the customer’s request.
- Request permission from the caller before transferring a call, provide the caller with the name and number of the person being transferred to, and stay on the line to announce the caller to the person receiving the transfer.
- Voice mail messages will include employee’s full name, working hours, and optional phone number to call.
- Correspondence start with a greeting
- Standard E-mail signatures (e-mail)
- Activate the e-mail Out-of Office Assistance when away from the office.
- Acknowledge e-mails and faxes that require a response within two business days.
- Respond to letters within 10 business days.
- Respond to customers in a courteous manner… the customer is not always right, but always deserves to be treated with respect.
- Provide accurate and understandable solutions/options to customer requests or directs the customer to the appropriate person who may have knowledge in the subject matter.
- Average or maximum wait time without an appointment should be no longer then 30 minutes or scheduled for a mutually convenient time.
- Counter will be staffed during business hours.
- Employees will dress in attire that is professional, tasteful, and appropriate.