Spring Break 2020
Welcome, we hope you enjoy your Spring Break here in beautiful Miami Beach!
While vacationing in our City we want you to be safe. The best way to do this is to follow the rules.
For 2020, the City of Miami Beach will host a free beachfront experience for spring breakers in partnership with Miami Beach resident DJ Irie from March 6 – 8 and March 12 – 22 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The beachfront experience will occur between 7 and 10 streets, on the sand. Activities will kick off with daily morning beach cleanups, a series of energizing fitness classes, volleyball and basketball games, and two stages activated with a variety of entertainment, including live DJs weaving all forms of music. Sweet, salty and savory treats will be available for sale. The beachfront entry and security checkpoint will be on 10 Street and beach access will only be available at 5 Street and 10 Street.
Friday, March 6 – Travis Porter
Saturday, March 7 – O.T. Genasis
Sunday, March 8 – Lil’ Keed
Ocean Drive and Española Way from Collins Avenue to Washington Avenue will be closed to all vehicular traffic and remain pedestrian only, the weekends of March 6, March 13 and March 20 from 7 a.m. Friday until the following Monday at 7 a.m. to provide a safe, open walkway for guests.
Miami Beach Police remind you:
- Drinking in public is illegal
- Smoking marijuana is illegal
- Driving under the influence (DUI) is illegal
- Driving a scooter in and out of vehicular traffic or on sidewalks is illegal
- No alcoholic beverages/open containers. It’s the law
Please also know that in Miami Beach:
- Riding on top of vehicles is illegal
- No one likes litter. Stash your trash
- No tents, tables and similar structures
- No glass containers or Styrofoam on the beach
- No coolers, backpacks/beach bags or inflatable devices
- No excessively loud music
Visit our concession stands for all your beach needs. There will be security guards at the beach entrance points enforcing our rules.