Ceremony & Team Building Permits
Ceremonies and Team Building permits allow for up to 150 guests with up to 150 chairs, a runner, arch or chuppah, up to 3-10 x 10 tents, up to 5 folding tables flags, banners, temporary markers and with acoustic music only. The following elements are not allowed as part of Wedding, Ceremonies and Team Building permits: catering, amplified sound, cabling, generator(s), staging/ platforms, trussing and/ or any other element that may require a Building Department permit. These permits may not be used for the reception portion of the Wedding Ceremony.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT ISSUE PERMITS INSIDE SOUTH POINTE PARK AS PER CITY CODE.
- 14 days’ notice to apply, if less than 14 days a $250.00 late fee will apply.
- A Ceremony & Team Building permit request.
- A site plan is required, it may be drawn in any size and format with all elements requested and area features.
- An approved signature survey sign-off is required from the upland property (hotel or residential building) and/ or beachfront concessionaire.
- A Certificate of insurance for minimum 1M General Liability, with the City of Miami Beach, 1700 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 listed as Certificate Holder and Additional Insured. If you do not have a policy, the City offers an insurance vendor as an option (“TULIP – Event Insurance”). You may find this service under FORMS CENTRAL page.
- A $125.00 permit fee will be invoiced after all the deliverables have been sent in.
Once the application request has been submitted, the applicant will receive an email with all the requirements listed above and instructions for completion.
If you have elements for your ceremony or team building that exceeds the allowances of this permit, such as but not limited to, the use of live animals, staging, trussing or a DJ, please apply for a Special Event Permit. Please note that Ceremonies & Team Building permits are processed a maximum two months before your event.