This class is designed to introduce participants to drypoint etching. Drypoint etching is a great medium for artists who love to draw. Participants will learn how to create line work on an acrylic plate (plexiglass) and edition them using an etching press. Participants will get a sense of how it feels to work in a communal space surrounded by artists with similar interests. Students will also learn how to use and respect a large fine art press. Students will leave the class with a working knowledge of shop etiquette, line variation, printing techniques, and a unique printed edition.
- Introduction to Etching.
- Demonstration of drawing techniques and proper tool usage.
- Plate preparation.
- Students begin etching on plate.
- Printing and etching press demonstration.
- Students finish their etching.
- Printing edition.
- Students will critique each other’s work.