City of Miami Beach Announces the 2020 Hispanic Heritage Month Awardees
(Miami Beach, FL) Oct 2, 2020 -
In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, the City of Miami Beach Hispanic Affairs Committee honors those that have contributed positively to the Miami Beach community in their respective professional field, and live or work in the City of Miami Beach.
Following a competitive vetting of nominations from the community, the city is proud to honor the following individuals and businesses:
- EDUCATOR – Jorge Mazon
- BUSINESS – Abbott Florist
- BUSINESS – L’Artisane Creative Bakery
- ARTIST – Michael Hausmann with Miami New Drama
- PUBLIC SAFETY PERSONNEL (POLICE-MBPD) – Eric Dominguez
- SOCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER – Ricardo Barbosa with Snack Patrol
- HISPANIC COMMUNITY MEMBER – Alejandro “Alex” Fernandez
- YOUTH UNDER 18 INVOLVED IN COMMUNITY SERVICE – Paola Serrano
Recipients will be recognized at a virtual Hispanic Heritage Awards Ceremony taking place on Tuesday, October 13 at 6 p.m. Further event details will be announced soon.