Free Tax Preparation Services on Miami Beach
(Miami Beach, FL) Jan 26, 2021 -
Recognized as a best practice site by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its fast and reliable tax preparation program, the City of Miami Beach will once again offer free income tax preparation services beginning Feb. 1 through Apr. 15, 2021 for households or individuals earning up to $57,000 annually per household.
“Last year, more than 420 households benefited from our services resulting in $383,550 in refunds,” noted Director of Housing & Community Services Maria Ruiz. “We look forward to serving even more residents in need this year.”
Dedicated to making the annual obligation less costly by logging accurate and detailed financial information, the city’s income tax preparation services are offered by appointment only in the Office of Housing and Community Services, located at 555 17 St. The service is offered in partnership with Branches, Inc. and the IRS via its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Tax preparation services will be offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays via appointment and will be held in person when possible or via a drop-off method. Appointments can be made now through the end of tax season by calling 305.673.7491. Special services are offered to taxpayers with limited English skills or disabilities.
Residents are reminded to bring the following documentation:
- Valid government-issued identification card;
- Social Security card for all persons declared as dependents on the tax return;
- All 2020 W-2s and information for other income;
- Bank account information for direct deposit of refund
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements);
- Total paid to day care providers and their tax ID number, if applicable;
- Birth dates for everyone listed on the return, including spouses and/or dependents;
- Copy of last year’s tax return; and
- Identity theft PIN, if applicable.