Miami Beach Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
(Miami Beach, FL) Sep 15, 2021 -
In recognition of the contributions of Hispanic residents, the City of Miami Beach will hold a number of events to commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15.
“The contributions of our Hispanic community have been immeasurable,” noted Miami Beach City Manager Alina T. Hudak. “Hispanic Heritage Month is a way to celebrate the rich Latin flavors that are found everywhere on Miami Beach from our food to our music and architecture.”
The following are events happening throughout the city, many of which are funded through the Miami Beach OnStage! program.
- Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Normandy Fountain Plaza, 7802 Rue Vendome. Presented in partnership with Community Arts & Culture, the event features performances by Barrio Abajo, Fabi World Music and DJ Ephniko Selector.
- Sunday, Sept. 19, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Collins Park Plaza, 201 21 St. Presented in partnership with Global Arts Project, the event features Latin Grammy Award-winning trumpeter Dante Vargas and the Cat Band.
- Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Lummus Park, 12 Street and Ocean Drive. Presented in partnership with Community Arts and Culture, the event features Cortadito and DJ Asho.
- Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Collins Park Plaza, 201 21 Street. Presented in partnership with Community Arts and Culture, the event features Elastic Bond, Venezonix and DJ Kumi.
- Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Normandy Fountain Plaza 7802 Rue Vendome. Presented in partnership with Miami Beach Classical Music Festival, “From Zarzuela to Bolero” features famed soprano Eglise Gutierrez along with Marinel Cruz, Ray Gonzalez and Eric Luiz Viñas accompanied by instrumentalists from the Miami Beach Classical Music Festival orchestra. Enjoy the refreshing voices of talented high school students Brandon Flores, Dalila Lugo, Annabelle Calles and Valentina Ortiz.
- Sunday Oct. l0, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Lummus Park, 12 Street and Ocean Drive. In partnership with Miami Beach Classical Music Festival, the City of Miami Beach presents “From Zarzuela to Bolero.”
- Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021 from 6-9 p.m. at Collins Park Plaza, 201 21 St. In partnership with Miami Beach Classical Music Festival, the City of Miami Beach presents “From Zarzuela to Bolero.”
- Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021 from 8-11 a.m. at North Beach Bandshell, 7275 Collins Ave. The City of Miami Beach in partnership with the Hispanic Affairs Committee presents “Nuestro Fest Hispanic Heritage Celebration in Miami Beach.” A national Hispanic Heritage Month virtual festival that will be shown live at the North Beach Bandshell immediately followed by a live performance from Miami funk group, Los Wizzards. The free event is produced with the support of The Miami Beach Hispanic Affairs Committee and the Office of Miami-Dade County Commissioner Eileen Higgins. Visit northbeachbandshell.com for more information.
- Friday, Oct. 15, 2021 from 6 to 9 p.m. at North Shore Park, 501 72 Street. Presented by the Miami Beach Parks and Recreation Department, the Annual Hispanic Heritage Festival includes performances by children participating in the Parks and Recreation Department After-School Program, arts and crafts, concessions and strolling performances that will include stilt walkers, balloon artists and more.
For more information on many of these events, visit www.mbartsandculture.org.