Miami Beach Launches Grant Program for Rue Vendome Businesses
(Miami Beach, FL) Mar 13, 2019 -
In hopes of engaging the community through creative activations and enhanced community culture in Rue Vendome, the City of Miami Beach has launched a pilot Rue Vendome Business Event Activation Grant program.
“The success of the Friday Night Live event and Normandy Art Fair are just a few examples of how fun and innovative new programming can stimulate businesses and galvanize a neighborhood,” expressed Mayor Dan Gelber. “I’m confident in Rue Vendome’s broader potential to be a more appealing entertainment location for the entire community.”
Grant funds may be used to purchase event production items, including event supplies, entertainment, marketing and photography. Interested businesses can apply for a $1,000 grant once a month until May 2019, with a maximum grant award of $3,000 per business.
Interested businesses, in addition to being in the Rue Vendome community, must meet the following criteria:
- be in operation for at least one year;
- licensed by the State of Florida;
- valid City of Miami Beach License or Miami-Dade County Business Tax License; have a physical address;
- be in good standing with the City of Miami Beach and Miami-Dade County; and
- provide a description and budget for the use of the grant funds.
Applications will be available until noon, Friday, May 31, 2019 for events held within 30 days before or after the grant award. All events must occur before June 30, 2019 to qualify and funds will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis.
To apply, click here.