Miami Beach Offers Free Tax Preparation Services
(Miami Beach, FL) Jan 28, 2022 -
Recognized as a best practice site by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its fast and reliable tax preparation program, the City of Miami Beach will once again offer free income tax preparation services from Feb. 1 through Apr. 15, 2022 for households earning $57,000 or less and persons with disabilities.
“Last year, more than 520 households benefited from the free tax preparation services, resulting in approximately $530,000 in refunds,” Director of Housing & Community Services Alba Tarre said. “We look forward to providing the same high level of service this year.”
Dedicated to making the annual obligation less costly by logging accurate and detailed financial information, the city’s income tax preparation services are offered by appointment in the Office of Housing and Community Services located at 555 17 St. The service is offered in partnership with Branches, Inc. and the IRS via its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Tax preparation services will be offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays via appointment and will be held in person when possible or via a drop-off method.
Appointments can be made now through the end of tax season by calling 305.673.7491. Special services are offered to taxpayers with limited English skills or disabilities.
Residents are reminded to bring the following documentation:
- Valid government-issued identification card.
- Social Security card for all persons declared as dependents on the tax return.
- All 2021 W-2s and information for other income.
- Bank account information for direct deposit of refund.
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements).
- Total paid to day care providers and their tax ID number, if applicable.
- Birth dates for everyone listed on the return, including spouses and/or dependents.
- Copy of last year’s tax return.
- Identity theft PIN, if applicable.