Miami Beach Census
Every 10 years, the U.S. Census Bureau conducts a population count, or census, of every person living in the United States and in the U.S. territories, as required by the U.S. Constitution. Not only does the census count people, it also collects information on where they live to provide accurate population numbers for counties, states, and cities like Miami Beach. The 2020 U.S. Census is officially underway.
Why is the Census important?
The Census is important because it makes sure that the City of Miami Beach receives the funding and congressional representation we deserve if everyone is counted.
How can I complete the Census?
Responding to the 2020 Census is quick and easier than ever. The 2020 Census marks the first time every household will have the option to respond to the census online from your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. You can reply by mail or phone if you don't have Internet access and the questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Respond online at https://my2020census.gov/
- Complete and mail back questionnaire mailed to your home
- Respond toll-free by phone at
- 1.844.330.2020 (English)
- 1.844.468.2020 (Spanish)
What does the Census ask you?
The Census will ask:
- Number of people living or staying in your home on April 1, 2020
- Whether your home is owned or rented
- Age, race, and sex of each person in your home
- Whether a person in your home is Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish
- Relationship of each person in your home
The Census will NEVER ask you for:
- Your Social Security number.
- Money or donations.
- Anything on behalf of a political party.
- Your bank or credit card account numbers.
- Additionally, there is no citizenship question on the 2020 Census
Miami Beach are you ready to be counted? Take the census today.