Area: North of 17 Street, East of Washington/Dade/Pinetree and South of 25 Street
Contact: Ray Breslin, President; 305.772.5665 ; Bresaro@aol.com ; www.collinspark.us
Membership Requirements: Open to all who live, own property or operate businesses within the boundaries.
Meeting Schedule/Calendar: Meeting are held the third Tuesday of each month. Location varies and is published 2 weeks prior to meeting. There are no scheduled meetings in August or December. All meetings are at 7 p.m. sharp with a social and refreshments beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Mission of Association: CPNA is dedicated to developing, enhancing and improving the residential, commercial, and cultural qualities that make our neighborhood of Miami Beach both historically important and richly vibrant.
We are specifically focused on enhancing our sense of community, our pedestrian and non motorized vehicle friendliness, our individual and community safety, our diversity, and sense of grass roots participation by residents, business owners, and workers so that present and future generations may enjoy this special place.
Summary of Accomplishments:
- Participated in the process to have the area included in GO Bond funded projects.
- Conceptualization and creation of Collins Park Neighborhood Association
- Dealt with and amicably resolved conflicts within the neighborhood
- Developed the Charter, Website, and communication line with neighbors, businesses, City Government and cultural organizations in Collins Park.
- Expansion of members and board gaining the City’s attention regarding development of business infrastructure and the unique characteristics of the neighborhood.