(a) The Design Review Board shall be composed of seven regular members. Seven (7) regular members shall consist of:
1. One architect registered in the United States;
2. An architect registered in the State of Florida or a member of the faculty of the school of architecture, urban planning, or urban design in the State, with practical or academic expertise in the field of design, planning, historic preservation or the history of architecture, or a professional practicing in the fields of architectural design, or urban planning;
3. One landscape architect registered in the State of Florida;
4. One architect registered in the United States, or a professional practicing in the fields of architectural or urban design, or urban planning, or a resident with demonstrated interest or background in design issues; or an attorney in good standing licensed to practice law within the United States;
5. Two persons who are residents at-large and who currently reside in the city and have resided in the city for at least (3) three consecutive years at the time of appointment or reappointment. Additionally, strong preference shall be given to individuals who have previously served on a Miami Beach board or committee and/or completed the Miami Beach Leadership Academy course, and to individuals not currently working in the fields of real estate development, real estate brokerage/sales, real estate law, or architecture; and
6. (i) A licensed professional engineer, licensed professional architect, or licensed professional landscape architect with expertise in water resources; (ii) a person licensed by the State of Florida in hydrology, water or wastewater treatment; (iii) a person with a degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study related to water resources; or (iv) a floodplain manager or a principal community administrator responsible for the daily implementation of flood loss reduction activities including enforcing a community's flood damage prevention ordinance, updating flood maps, plans, and policies of the community, and any of the activities related to administration of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) (a "water management expert").
One person appointed by the City Manager from an eligibility list provided by the Disability Access Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity with no voting authority. The Planning Director or designee, and the City Attorney or designee, shall serve in an advisory capacity.
(b) Design Review Board members shall be appointed with the occurrence of at least four members of the city commission. An eligibility list for these professional membership categories may include, but shall not be limited to, suggestions from the following professional and civic associations as listed below:
(1) American Institute of Architects, local chapter.
(2) American Society of Landscape Architects, local chapter.
(3) The Miami Design Alliance.
(4) American Planning Association, local chapter.
(5) The Miami Design Preservation League and Dade Heritage Trust.
(6) Other city civic, neighborhood and property owner associations.
(c) Residency and or place of business. All regular members shall reside in or have their primary place of business in the county, except for the water management expert appointed pursuant to subsection (a)(6), who need not reside in or have a principal place of business in the county, and except as otherwise provided in subsection (a)(5). The two resident at-large members and one of the registered landscape architects, registered architects, or professionals practicing in the fields of architectural or urban design or urban planning shall be residents of the city.
Sarah Giller Nelson
|Board Member||Mayra D. Buttacavoliemail@example.com|