Welcome to the official website of the Miami Beach Employees' Retirement Plan (MBERP). The earliest origin of a retirement program for the City of Miami Beach was the Retirement System for General Employees created under and by authority of Chapter 18691, Laws of Florida, Acts in 1937. The Retirement System for Unclassified Employees and Elected Officials was created in 1988. In March 2006 the Retirement System for General Employees and the Retirement System for Unclassified Employees and Elected Officials merged to form the Miami Beach Employees' Retirement Plan (Ord. 2006-3530).
To Properly Manage and Administer the Investments of the MBERP assets for the benefit of the members and beneficiaries of the Plan.
Print or View
On your computer:
Instructions to “log in” to ESS:
1) Go to the website https://selfservice.miamibeachfl.gov/MSS/login.aspx
2) UserID = Employee ID
3) Enter Password (If you have never logged into ESS, Password = last four digits of SSN. You will be prompted to change your password. Please remember it.)
4) When you are logged in, you will see your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
5) Click on “Employee Self Service” on the left side of the screen
On your phone:
- Download the MUNIS ESS app by Tyler Technologies for Android or Iphone.
- The first time only you will be prompted for the CMB server.
- Manually enter the URL https://selfservice.miamibeachfl.gov/MSS
- scan the QR Code
- UserID = Employee ID
- Enter password (If you have never logged into ESS, Password = last four digits of SSN. You should change password and note it down.)
- We recommend that you turn on “remember username”
- Close app when you are done
In the future, access will be as simple as clicking on the app and putting your fingerprint to log into the app.
If you cannot remember your password, or have trouble logging on, please enter a ticket in MBASSIST at mbassist.miamibeachfl.gov or call the IT Helpdesk.