The Building Department has now launched new online applications for the following permit types:
• Expedited Commercial(including Condos) - Photovoltaic System or EV Charging Station New
• Expedited Residential (single-family) - Photovoltaic System or EV Charging Station New
• AC-Residential - Change Out
• AC-Commercial- Change Out
• Roofing - Residential- Re-Roof
• Roofing - Commercial- Re-Roof
• Revision - General
• Generator – Residential – Alteration
• Generator – Residential – New
• Generator- Commercial - Alteration
• Generator- Commercial – New
• Permit Application Updates (PAU)
*Note: For Multi-family (Condominiums), use the Commercial permit types.
You can apply directly via the Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal. For required documents, please review our Interactive Permit Guide. For instructions on how to apply online, please visit our Online Permitting Resource Center.
At this time, the Building Department is not accepting in-person meetings. Virtual meetings may be scheduled via email.
Due to the high call volume, you may experience long wait times when calling for questions related to an inspection or asking to speak to a particular member of the Building Department.
“The City of Miami Beach Building Department is committed to providing the highest quality services to our community by uniformly enforcing building codes in a timely manner, continuously improving through innovation and streamlining services, collaborating with city departments, and improving our professional competencies.”
Building Department Introduction: Read More