**Changes due to COVID-19 concerns**
- Effective Wednesday, March 25th, only on-line applications will be allowed.
- All applications for permit types not available on Citizen Self Service (CSS), must be emailed to email@example.com for processing. Once the process number has been created and Up-front fees have been paid, the applicant will have the ability to upload drawings and documents via Citizen Self Service (CSS).
- All applications for Sub-permits must be applied for using Citizen Self Service (CSS).
- Permit renewals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All permits, that have not been issued, are required to upload all documents via Citizen Self Service (CSS) for review.
- Any 24Hr plan disapproved, must upload all corrections via Citizen Self Service (CSS).
- Effective Tuesday, March 24th, there will be no interior condo permits issued.
- Any permits already issued, will be allowed to continue/begin work (if the individual association allows the work).
- During COVID-19 period we must work together. The City of Miami Beach building inspectors will be performing checks of the logs on safe site practices. Lack of compliance with CDC recommendations on construction sites will result with the issuance of a violation and depending on the severity, may require that the site be closed down up to and including the revocation of a permit.
- Construction projects with greater than 8 workers shall check all employees daily and keep notes of the screening on site. Click here for the City's Self Screening form.
- Permits or violations that will expire between March 16, 2020 and April 16, 2020 will be extended for an additional month.
North Beach office will be closed to the public until further notice. Customers may visit the City's dedicated COVID-19 webpage regularly to stay informed.
Thank you for understanding and working with us.
Online Permitting is now available, click here for additional information.
Save Time: Request a Pre-Submittal Meeting and reduce the time it takes to get a permit by receiving a preliminary review of your plans. In order to qualify, plans must be 75% complete and the design professional must be present. To download the Pre-Submittal Meeting form, click here.
The Mayor and Commission have extended the Building Permit Reprieve Program until April 30, 2020. To find out how to take advantage of this program, play the video below or click here for more information.
“The City of Miami Beach Building Department is committed to providing the highest quality services to our community by uniformly enforcing building codes in a timely manner, continuously improving through innovation and streamlining services, collaborating with city departments, and improving our professional competencies.”
For a full review of the Department's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), click here.
Building Introduction: Read More
For additional News and Notices, please click here.