Eleven (11) voting members appointed by the City Commission at-large upon recommendations of the City Manager:
(1) One (1) member shall be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or its designated administrator from Mount Sinai Medical Center;
(2) One (1) member shall be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) from Miami Beach Community Health Center or his/her designated administrator;
(3) Two (2) members shall be administrators from an Adult Congregate Living Facility (ACLF), and/or an Assisted Living Facility (ALF);
(4) One (1) member shall be a representative from the nursing profession;
(5) One (1) member shall be a health benefits provider;
(6) Two (2) members shall be physicians;
(7) Two (2) members shall be consumers consisting of: a) One (1) individual from the corporate level and; b) One (1) private individual;
(8) One member shall be a physician or an individual with medical training or experience.
There shall be one (1) non-voting ex-officio representative from each of the following: The Miami-Dade County Health Department, the Health Council of South Florida, and the Fire Rescue Department. The director of the Office of the Children's Affairs shall be added as a non-voting ex-officio member of the board.