Mixed Media, is a two-day drawing workshop that explores how to create the illusion of form, texture, and space using a limited to full palette in Pastels and ink.
This workshop develops the skills of drawing from direct observation including form and texture using mixed media from the still-life. Emphasis is on developing a sense of structure and visual texture using value and color.
Both traditional and innovative approaches are explored, with the intent of an in depth analysis of the common perception of an image and learning to “see.” It introduces students to concepts, tools, and techniques of representational drawing. Principles of composition, balance, line, texture, value, and color are introduced through progressive studio assignments using ink and pastel.
- Students will learn how to create the illusion of form, texture, and space on the picture plane
- Students will learn how to break down complex objects using simple shapes and forms
- Students will develop fluency with drawing processes utilizing value and color.
- Students will become familiar with soft pastels and ink.
- Students will organize the compositional relationship of objects within the picture plane.
Refund & Cancellation Policy: Attendees can request refunds up to 24 hours before their class start date. Classes must meet a minimum enrollment number to run.