File A Report
Choose from the following list of options to submit certain types of police reports, crime tips and even traffic complaints using the Miami Beach Police Department’s Online Reporting System:
- Submit a crime tip
- Report lost property
- Report a theft involving items valued at $10,000 or less
- Submit a traffic complaint
- Ask MBPD to increase patrols around your home while you are on vacation
- Report vandalism
- Report a civil dispute
- Report an incident in which someone has illegally obtained goods or services from a hotel, restaurant, or gas station
- Report a landlord / tenant dispute
- Report unwanted, obscene, or harassing phone calls
- Report unwanted, threatening, or intimidating phone calls
- List additional stolen items on a previously filed police report
- Register your bicycle with the police department
- Report suspicious activity in your neighborhood
If this is an emergency, please dial 911 immediately.
Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency.
- The Incident is NOT in progress.
- This incident occurred within the City of Miami Beach.
- You are at least 18.
Once your report is submitted you will:
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print an unofficial copy of the report for your records.
- Receive an email confirmation with an unofficial copy of your report.
Please add FLMiamiBeachPD@coplogic.com to your contact list so notifications are not rejected by your email provider or marked as spam/junk. This email address is NOT monitored by any police officers or detectives.
What happens next:
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, you may be contacted by a Miami Beach police officer or detective if further investigation is needed.
- Once your report is accepted, you will receive an email with a permanent case number as well as a copy of the report.
- If the case is not accepted, you will be given a reason for the rejection.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Misuse of this system could result in prosecution.