- Provide situational awareness to City departments and emergency management partners.
- Engage an integrated, all-hazard, risk-based approach for mitigation, response, continuity of operations, recovery, and preparedness planning.
- Employ emergency management strategies that address the ultimate goal of sustainability.
- Work to improve awareness and comprehension of the five mission areas by engaging the whole community in prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery.
- Build robust partnerships with local, state, regional, national, and international entities for the mutual benefits of preparedness and resiliency.
Miami Beach Emergency Management focuses on:
- Reducing vulnerability to potential major emergency and disaster incidents.
- Planning for the best processes by which the community can rebound physically, economically and emotionally.
- Engaging the whole community in planning, training, and exercising core capabilities under the five mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery.