Civilian Volunteer Patrol
The Civilian Volunteer Patrol (CVP) is a voluntary program developed to meet the changing needs of the community by providing a visible presence in the city. The CVP is intended to:
- Act as a deterrent to criminal activity
- Report suspicious or illegal activities
- Report quality of life issues to the Department or other applicable City department
- Educate the community regarding crime prevention strategies and techniques
- Strengthen the partnership between community and police
This program provides concerned citizens the means to become involved and foster a cooperative partnership with the Department all while acting as ambassadors for the City of Miami Beach.
To become a member of the CVP, an individual must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a permanent resident or business owner in the City of Miami Beach
- Have no felony or misdemeanor criminal or civil arrests and submit to a background investigation
- Have completed the Citizen Police Academy within the past two years (or complete prior to beginning as a member of the CVP)
If you have already completed the CPA, please complete the application below. If you have additional questions, please email.