PUBLIC NOTICE – Fiscal Year 2022 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program
The Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program (42 U.S.C. 3751(a)) is the primary provider of federal criminal justice funding to state and local jurisdictions. The JAG Program provides states and units of local governments with critical funding necessary to support a range of program areas. JAG funds may be used for local initiatives such as additional personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, training, technical assistance and information systems for criminal justice, including any one or more of the following:
- Law enforcement programs.
- Prosecution and court programs
- Prevention and education programs.
- Corrections and community corrections programs.
- Drug treatment and enforcement programs.
- Planning, evaluation, and technology improvement programs.
- Crime victim and witness programs (other than compensation).
- Mental health programs and related law enforcement and corrections programs.