The City of Miami Beach has several new Master Plans that provide long-term vision for the city’s storm water, bicycle program and the Miami Beach Convention Center expansion and renovation. These in-depth documents, created with months of public input, outline community goals and aspirations that will guide the development and funding of projects within Miami Beach.
The most important municipal planning document is the Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is the controlling document for land use purposes in the State of Florida. It is a statutory component that deals with future zoning, stormwater management, transportation, public education, and much more.
Click here to download Miami Beach’s Comprehensive Plan.
A “Master Plan” is a planning tool used to create a vision for a neighborhood, or a specific site, and can be used to supplement other planning and decision-making tools and procedures. Master Plans must be consistent within the overall Comprehensive Plan.
The City of Miami Beach has used Master Plans and the master planning process throughout the years to develop and document its strategic direction. These in-depth documents, driven by public input, outline community goals and aspirations that will guide the development and funding of projects throughout the City of Miami Beach.
We invite you to explore these Commission-approved plans by clicking on them to download the files.
- Miami Beach Urban Forestry Master Plan
- Harvard Study
- ULI Report
- Resilient305 Report
- Stormwater Management Master Plan (2010)
- City of Miami Beach Fire Department Strategic Plan
- The Sustainability Plan
- North Beach Markers
- North Beach Town Center Central Core
- North Beach: Town Centre District (2014)
- North Beach Master Plan (2016)
- Citywide Sidewalk Assessment reports
- Atlantic Greenway Network Master Plan (2008)
- Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan (2015)
- Miami Street Design Guidelines (2016)
- Transportation Master Plan (2016)
- Miami Beach Convention Center Master Plan (2010)
- Additional plans may be found here
Miami-Dade County Local Mitigation Plan
Part 1: Strategy
Part 2: Projects
Part 3: Funding
Part 4: Appendices
Part 5: Meeting Minutes
Part 6: Completed Projects
Part 7: Flooding NFIP and CRS