The City of Miami Beach has several new Master Plans that provide long-term vision for the city’s storm water, bicycle program and the Miami Beach Convention Center expansion and renovation. These in-depth documents, created with months of public input, outline community goals and aspirations that will guide the development and funding of projects within Miami Beach.
The most important municipal planning document is the Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is the controlling document for land use purposes in the State of Florida. It is a statutory component that deals with future zoning, stormwater management, transportation, public education, and much more.
Click here to download Miami Beach’s Comprehensive Plan.
A “Master Plan” is a planning tool used to create a vision for a neighborhood, or a specific site, and can be used to supplement other planning and decision-making tools and procedures. Master Plans must be consistent within the overall Comprehensive Plan.
The City of Miami Beach has used Master Plans and the master planning process throughout the years to develop and document its strategic direction. These in-depth documents, driven by public input, outline community goals and aspirations that will guide the development and funding of projects throughout the City of Miami Beach.
We invite you to explore these Commission-approved plans by clicking on them to download the files.
- Palm View Neighborhood Study
- Harvard Study
- ULI Report
- Resilient305 Report
- North Beach Markers
- Citywide Lighting Assessment
- Citywide Sidewalk Assessment reports
- Holiday Lighting Program 2018
- Holiday Lighting Program Outline
- North Beach Town Center Central Core
- Atlantic Greenway Network Master Plan (2008)
- Stormwater Management Master Plan (2010)
- Miami Beach Convention Center Master Plan (2010)
- Altos del Mar Park Master Plan (2014)
- North Beach: Town Centre District (2014)
- Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan (2015)
- Lincoln Road District Master Plan (2015)
- Washington Avenue Vision and Master Plan (2015)
- Blueways Master Plan (2015)
- North Beach Master Plan (2016)
- Transportation Master Plan (2016)
- Miami Street Design Guidelines (2016)
- The City of Miami Beach Beachfront Management Plan (2016)
- City of Miami Beach Fire Department Strategic Plan
- The Sustainability Plan
- Additional plans may be found here