The mission and goals of Risk Management are to provide a safe and healthy work environment of all employees. This can be accomplished by a comprehensive safety and risk management program that is fiscally responsible and furthers the City’s goals of achievement for all.
The Risk Management Division is tasked with protecting the City's assets, both human and physical, by identifying, evaluating and controlling loss exposures.
- Risk retention and risk transfer
- Purchase and administer various insurance programs for liability, property, and flood
- Self-insured Workers' Compensation program
- Claims administration and investigation, including litigation strategies
- Loss prevention and Loss control programs
- Review of agreements, contracts, leases for insurance compliance
- Safety training and inspection of facilities operation for potential hazards
- Review of proposed legislation (liability, property & casualty and workers’ compensation) which could impact the City