- Partnership with a variety of community-based providers to achieve the goals outlined in the city’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Ensuring the timely and compliant expenditure of grant funds; competitive processes are conducted annually to award federal and state funding for affordable housing development projects, public service programs, and capital projects, as appropriate.
- Monitoring market conditions and identifying opportunities to maximize the production of affordable and workforce housing in Miami Beach.
- Researching other grant sources to communicate opportunities to human service organizations and affordable and workforce housing developers.
- Public hearings that encourage communitywide input in every aspect of the city’s Comprehensive Plan process from citizens, housing providers, human service agencies, and other community stakeholders.
- Close coordination with the state-mandated Affordable Housing Advisory Committee as well as with federal and state monitors to ensure compliance with all program rules and regulations.
- Identifying opportunities to produce workforce housing for those earning up to 140 percent of AMI with a priority on serving those professions identiﬁed by the Commission (those employed in the education, municipal, and public safety professions).
- Ensuring that properties remaining under affordability comply with HUD rules and regulations and property maintenance standards for the entire property affordability period.