File/Pay Resort Tax
Any rental of rooms in any hotel, motel, rooming house or apartment house or restaurant that sells food, beverages, and alcoholic beverages are required to register and remit resort tax to the City of Miami Beach. There is a 4% tax on the rent of a room or rooms in any hotel, motel, rooming house or apartment house, and a 2% tax levied on the total sales price of all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages (including beer and wine) sold in any restaurant, bar, or nightclub.
Resort Tax Calculator
File/Pay Resort Tax Sign-in
Previous Resort Tax Sign-in(Legacy)
Goals and Objectives
Continue enforcing compliance with article iv, section 102 of city code by:
- Providing more efficient service to our customers by:
- Utilizing laser fiche for record keeping of customer documents.
- Continued enhancement of collection efforts by:
- Continuing work with Legal Department for more effective collections.
- Continuing work with Internal Audit Department to improve audit assessment efficiency.