SANITATION – RECYCLING
“Single-Stream” Recycling means that you will no longer have to separate your recyclable materials.
Recycling services are provided by World Waste Services, Inc. to single family homes, buildings of (8) units or fewer provided that they are on city residential service. Residents can contact Miami-Dade County 3-1-1 to order a recycling cart.
What materials can I place in the recycling cart?
- Paper Products: newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, printer paper, copier paper, mail, all other office paper without wax liners
- Cardboard: packing boxes, cereal boxes, gift boxes, corrugated cardboard; flatten all boxes prior to placing them in your cart.
- Plastic Containers (narrow necks only): bottles (without caps or lids), milk, water, detergent and shampoo containers (without caps).
- Aseptic Containers: polycoated drink boxes, juice cartons, milk cartons
- Glass: glass food and beverage containers (clear, brown and green)
- Metals: aluminum and steel food and beverage containers
- Only plastic containers with the triangle label symbol #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 can be recycled at this time. You will find these numbers on the base of the container (narrow necks only).
What is NOT allowed within the cart?
- Garbage or other non-recyclable waste such as gas cylinders, tanks, rocks, dirt, building debris, flammables
- Batteries: dry cell batteries, lead acid batteries
- Certain glass products: window or auto glass, light bulbs, mirrors, glass cookware or bakeware, ceramics
- Plastic bags
- Home chemicals: paints, pesticides
- Medical waste and pharmaceuticals
- Electronic waste and accessories: PCs, monitors, televisions, printer cartridges, keyboards, cell phones, CDs and DVDs
- Other non-recyclables: Coat hangers, small appliances, microwave trays
Recycling pick up days are on Wednesdays.
Where do I place the cart for collection?
Just roll your cart out to the curb prior to 7 a.m. on Wednesday. Place your recycling cart within 3 feet of the street and at least 5 feet from mailboxes, parked cars, or other obstacles (light poles, cable and/or other wires). The wheels must face your home; after collection, return your cart to its storage place.
For more information on recycling, please contact the Sanitation Division at 305.673.7616.