City Department Resources
CITY OF MIAMI BEACH
- Building Department Permits and Fee Schedule - For Building Department temporary structure permits, please contact the Building Department for a fee schedule www.miamibeachfl.gov/building
- Fire Department - For off-duty Fire services, staffing and fees, please contact Charlton Price, Fire Special Events Coordinator at 786.276.2620 or email Firespecialevents@miamibeachfl.gov.
- Ocean Rescue – A Division of the Fire Department - For off-duty Ocean Rescue/ Lifeguard services, staffing and fees please call 305.673.7714.
- Parking Department - Meter Space Rentals - For any parking needs, please contact the Parking Department at 305.673.7505 or email Pkg_Meter_Rentals@miamibeachfl.gov.
- Parks and Recreation Department – For activities at a City of Miami Beach Park, please call 305.673.7730, or send an email to email@example.com – www.miamibeachparks.com. The Special Events office will assist in the coordination of Park services as needed.
- Police Department - For off-duty police services, staffing and fees, please contact the Off-Duty Office at 305.673.7823.
- Public Works Department - For heavy equipment placement such as crane, lifts, scaffolding, search lights or any obstruction to the public right of way inclusive of sidewalks, you must obtain a Right of Way permit from the City’s Public Works Department at 305.673.7080.
- Sanitation Department - For overall event clean up, disposal of all trash, recycling, sand sifting services west of dunes. Please contact Alfonso Ritchey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305.673.7616.
- Transportation Department - For events that utilize any City of Miami Beach roadways, please provide a Maintenance of Traffic plan (MOT) from a certified licensed company. For questions please call 305.673.7514.
- Tourism and Culture - For questions regarding Special Events, Ceremonies & Teambuilding, Community Arts and Culture Initiative, Pop Up Venue, Temporary Sampling and Demonstration permits please contact Special Events Office at 305.673.7577 or email email@example.com.
Special Event Guidelines: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/tourism-culture/special-events/special-event-forms-link/
Special Event Forms: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/tourism-culture/special-events/special-event-forms-link/
MIAMI DADE COUNTY
- Miami-Dade County Beach Operations - For events held east of the sand dunes to sand sift post event and restore the beach to its original condition. For sand sifting services, please contact Carlos Fernandez-Quevedo Carlos.Fernandez-Quevedo@miamidade.gov – or call 305.868.7075.
- Miami-Dade County Sea Turtle Conservation Program – For events held during Turtle Season located east of the sand dunes must hire Turtle Monitors to clear the beach each morning prior to work commencement. To request this service please contact Teal Kawana firstname.lastname@example.org – or call 305.310.3046
STATE OF FLORIDA
- Florida Department of Transportation - For events that impact state roads an FDOT permit is required, please call 305.470.5367.