Point, Click, Register Online with RecTrac
1. Visit http://register.miamibeachparks.com/
2. Under “Account Log In,” click “Create an Account” to complete the household information and add your Family Members and Emergency Contacts.
3. Your account will be defaulted as Non-Resident until you email your Miami Beach resident requirements to email@example.com to prove your residency and receive a resident rate (see below for documents needed). No refunds will be given if purchasing a registration with the incorrect residency status.
Children who live in Miami Beach are eligible for resident rates. The following documents are required to prove Miami Beach residency:
1. Participant’s birth certificate and current report card (if in grades K or higher
2. One of the following: current lease or property tax statement showing your homestead exemption or approved exemption application
3. One of the following: Picture ID, voter’s card, drivers license or utility bill.
4. One signed Waiver & Release form for each member of your household on the account.
*We may require additional documentation. Children MUST be 5 years old & entering Kindergarten in order to enroll in after school or summer camp. Playtime & Camp for Tots Programs are available for children ages 3 – 4.
Financial Aid Policy
Financial Assistance is available for After School Programs and Summer Camp for qualified Miami Beach residents. To be considered for Financial Aid, you must submit a complete registration and scholarship packet. If you are applying for Financial Assistance and do not have the required documentation at the time of registration, you will need to submit all required documents before October 31 in order to qualify for the reduced rate. Failure to submit the correct and complete documentation before this date may result in having to pay the full balance. Some restrictions apply. Documentation may be required. Call 305.673.7730 for more information.
Financial Aid Documentation Requirements
Financial Aid is available for qualified Miami Beach residents. See “Registration Requirements” for information on how to prove Miami Beach residency. The City reserves the right to require additional documentation, when appropriate. To verify your household income, provide all documentation that apply to you from the list below:
- TANF/Cash Assistance
- Medicaid Coverage
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI ) Award Letter
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Award Letter
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
- Housing Assistance Voucher
After School Program
No refunds or credits will be issued because of non-attendance of a child from any program, nor if closed due to safety concerns, inclement weather, power loss, or other emergencies. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel under-enrolled programs, in which case the fee will be refunded.
After School: Refund requests must be received in writing seven days in advance of program start date to receive a full refund, less the $25.00 (if any) of refund. Refunds can be disbursed in one of the following ways:
A 50% refund of the total fee (A check will be issued 4-6 weeks after a request is received; NO Cash Refunds). OR
A full credit less the $25.00 administrative fee to be used for another Recreation class, camp, or program.
Credit must be used within the same fiscal year. After this period, any unused credits will be voided. Credit issued has no monetary value. No refund/credits will be issued after the three week period.
Summer Camps, Specialty Camps, Classes & Programs
Due to the seasonal nature of our camps, classes & programs, their popularity and limited space, we are precluded from issuing any refunds or credits within two weeks of the program start date for any cause. Refund requests must be received in writing two weeks prior to program start date to receive a 50% refund or a full credit to be applied to a sibling or another program within the same fiscal year.
In the event of program cancellation due to, but not limited to, lack of enrollment, force majeure, etc. a credit will automatically be applied to your RecTrac account to use for future programming. If you would like to request a refund by check, please send a Refund Request form to firstname.lastname@example.org.