The Office of Education and Performance Initiatives is vital to the development of community partnerships that enhance educational opportunities for Miami Beach residents and the implementation of performance initiatives that drive organizational improvements. The office has numerous responsibilities within the City and works with all City Departments to facilitate and provide consulting, advisory, and organizational support services. The office covers three major areas including Education, Performance Initiatives, and University Partnerships
We are dedicated to ensuring our organization implements and sustains strategies that ensure the growth and development of the organization and resident access to educational enhancements.
- Enhance learning opportunities for youth through our Education Compact.
- Pursue additional efficiencies, cost savings, and revenue enhancements through performance initiative reviews, etc
- Support the City’s change to a performance excellence culture by aligning Citywide strategic and departmental work plans and using the plans to drive strategic initiatives that improve performance.
- Monitor customer service in City departments through service shopper surveys and provide timely results to departments.
- Develop and manage university partnerships to support the recruitment of undergraduate and graduate STEM instructors and reading and math interventionists.
- Manage all college and high school internship opportunities. Click here for internship procedures.