The City of Miami Beach offers supervised experiential learning “internships” for students enrolled at local South Florida universities and Miami Beach Senior High School. The internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting.
Overall objectives of the internship:
- To give each student the opportunity for practical experience in the City of Miami Beach and administration of various program areas and to increase his/her knowledge and skills at the face-to-face, supervisory, and executive levels of leadership.
- To enable each student to understand and appreciate the professional duties and responsibilities of personnel in the field.
- To help each student determine his/her professional strengths and weaknesses.
- To assist the university and high school in (a) evaluating student performance and improving curriculum, (b) providing opportunities to the faculty to confront practical problems and interact with field professionals.
- To permit the City of Miami Beach and interns to exchange new and updated concepts.
How To Apply:
- University undergraduate and graduate students may apply for a paid internship through their school's Handshake.
- High school students may apply through Miami-Dade County Public Schools' Summer Youth Internship Program or Academic Year Internship Program.
- Students interested in an unpaid internship may contact the department of interest directly.
Procedures for Internships:
Paid Intern (University-For Credit)
Unpaid Intern (University-Credit)
Unpaid Intern- (University No Credit)
Unpaid Intern (High School-Credit)