The City of Miami Beach will offer supervised experiential learning “internship”, for students enrolled at local South Florida universities and Miami Beach Senior High School. An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting.
Overall objectives of the internship:
- To give each student the opportunity for practical experience in the City of Miami Beach and administration of various program areas and to increase his/her knowledge and skills at the face-to-face, supervisory, and executive levels of leadership.
- To enable each student to understand and appreciate the professional duties and responsibilities of personnel in the field.
- To help each student determine his/her professional strengths and weaknesses.
- To assist the university and high school in (a) evaluating student performance and improving curriculum, (b) providing opportunities to the faculty to confront practical problems and interact with field professionals.
- To permit the City of Miami Beach and interns to exchange new and updated concepts.
Procedures for Internships: