Drug Prevention Series
A series of substance abuse and prevention workshop programs for parents/guardians and children provided by The City of Miami Beach through a partnership with Family Recovery Specialist.
- Brain Development and Why Kids need Limits and Boundaries
- Vaping, THC, Alcohol: the most common substances used by teenagers and young adults
- COVID’s Impact on Mental Health in Teen and Young Adults
Miami Beach residents, with a Master’s Degree, can become credentialed to teach a Florida International University Dual Enrollment course at Miami Beach Senior High School.
Internship Program for Miami Beach High School students
The City of Miami Beach High School internship program, a part of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ Career Experience Opportunity (CEO) program, offers the students an opportunity to experience City municipal government first-hand and provide a close-up look at careers in municipal government.
Eligible Miami Beach residents who become substitute teachers can earn FREE citywide parking and get their reimbursed by the city up to $300 for obtaining the Substitute certification by the city.
- Already possess a minimum of 30 college credit hours in any discipline
- Complete an orientation class at Miami Dade College
- Be fingerprinted and undergo a background check
- Substitute at least five days in any of the six public schools in Miami Beach, particularly Miami Beach Nautilus Middle School
The School Volunteer Program offers an opportunity for further community involvement in public schools by matching the skills and resources of members of the community to the needs of the school. Volunteers can perform various roles including office assistance, tutoring, and classroom support.
Becoming a teacher in Miami Dade has its perks! The City of Miami Beach offers great incentives to encourage teacher retention such as free tickets to event, City-funded professional development, and other various discounts
The City of Miami Beach STEAM Plus program integrates visual and performing arts into Miami Beach public schools’ STEM curriculum through partnerships with local cultural institutions. For more information on STEAM Plus please visit www.steamplusmiamibeach.org.