Important: If you are neither the contractor nor the owner, you must be added to each permit for which you seek access to. To be added to a permit, you must submit a notarized letter from the contractor or the owner giving you consent to be added as a contact.
Inspections are performed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Jobs, which value exceeds $2,500, require a recorded Notice of Commencement (NOC). NOCs can be recorded by the Building Department’s Records Management section or at the Miami-Dade County Recorder’s office. Click here to download and print a blank NOC form.
The Building Department is allowing virtual inspections for certain inspection types. For a complete list of virtual inspections allowed and the procedures to follow, click here.
Job Site Requirements
The following are required for inspection:
- The approved job copy of the plans and documents
- Permit Card
- Recorded Notice of Commencement
- Property address must be properly posted and visible from the street
- Job to be inspected must be accessible
- An OSHA approved ladder must be available if needed
Due to inspection routes being reordered during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m., it is best to verify the order of inspection after that time. If you cannot find your inspection after these hours, most likely it is not scheduled for that day.
Click here to view inspection routes.
For each inspection, that is failed by an inspector more than two times, a $200 fee shall be assessed to the permit.
a fine of $500.00 will be imposed on all concealed work pursuant to
Section 8-CC of the Miami-Dade County, FL Code of Ordinances. For the first repeat violation, the amount of the civil penalty shall be double the amount of penalty prescribed for the original violation. Click here to read more about concealed work without the required inspections.
Expedited Overtime Inspections
Applicants may request Expedited Overtime Inspections. The fee for the Building Department’s Expedited Overtime Inspection is $250 per trade requested. Requests must be submitted via email to the specified trade's chief twenty-four (24) hours prior to the requested inspection date. Click here to view contact information for each trade chief.
Requests must include the following:
- A company letter head formally requesting the OT inspection to the Building Official
- Type of inspection, date, and time requested for the inspection
- Permit number
- Job Address
- Reason for the OT inspection
- Name and phone number of a company representative to be present at the job site
- Signed and notarized by the Qualifier
- Original letter, copies not accepted
Note: A company representative must be present at the job site for the inspection.
Payment must be made prior to inspection.
To view inspections results prior to April 26, 2016, click here.