Flood Zone Determination: https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home
SFWMD- Real Time Rain Data: https://www.sfwmd.gov/weather-radar/rainfall-historical/daily
NOAA-Real Time Biscayne Bay Tides Data: https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions.html?id=8723165
MDC-Storm Surge Planning Zone & Map:
Southeast Florida Climate Change Compact: www.southeastfloridaclimatecompact.org
National Flood Insurance Program: www.floodsmarts.gov
American Red Cross: www.redcross.org
Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety: http://disastersafety.org/flood
Florida Division of Emergency Management: https://www.floridadisaster.org/dem/
Flood Protection Resource Publications:
Below you will find links to copies of FEMA publications on flood protection. These documents are also available at Miami Beach and County Public Library branches.
1. Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House, FEMA-347, 2000
2. Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program, F-084, 2011
3. Coastal Construction Manual, FEMA-P-55, 2011
4. Elevated Residential Structures, FEMA-54, 1984
5. Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards, FEMA P-85, 2009
6. Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, FEMA-257, 1994
7. Protecting Building Utilities from Flood Damage, FEMA P-348, 1999
8. Protecting Floodplain Resources, FEMA-268, 1996
9. Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding, FEMA 511, 2005
10.Openings in foundation walls for buildings located in special flood hazard areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program.
11. Answers to questions about substantially damaged buildings.
12. FEMA 15, Design Guidelines for Flood Damage Reduction (1981)
13. Reducing Losses in High Risk Flood Hazard Areas
14. Non-residential floodproofing : requirements and certification for buildings located in special flood hazard areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program.
15.Free-of-obstruction requirements for buildings located in coastal high hazard areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program.
16. Flood-resistant materials requirements for buildings located in special flood hazard areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program.
17. Homeowner’s guide to retrofitting : six ways to protect your house from flooding.
18. Home builder’s guide to coastal construction technical fact sheet series.
19. Below-grade parking requirements for buildings located in special flood hazard areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program.
20. Youth preparedness : guide to risk management for youth preparedness programs.